Maintain your oral hygiene and avoid costly proceedures by visiting the dentist every 6 months. Please call 9411 8808 to make your appointment
Ten tips for dental perfection.
- Visit a dentist for regular six-month check ups and cleaning to remove plaque and staining.
- Ask your dentist to show you how to brush your teeth properly. Poor technique and over-brushing can lead to tooth abrasion and wear of the gums. Remember to brush all three sides of your teeth and rotate your brush gently in small circular motions.
- See your dentist before problems occur. Many people don’t realise that childhood fillings require maintenance; by focusing on preventative dentistry you may avoid needing replacement fillings or even implants.
- Use a fluoride mouthwash and floss daily to help remove plaque and prevent decay starting between the teeth.
- Brush your teeth twice a day, first in the morning after breakfast and again at night before you go to bed.
- Always rinse your mouth out with water after eating. Drink lots of water and maintain a good diet that is low in sugar.
- Use a tongue cleaner to prevent bacteria from accumulating on your tongue and creating bad breath.
- Whitening treatments are not a quick fix for your teeth. Only proper dental care can ensure the long term health and appearance for your smile.
- Chew sugar-free gum to help stimulate saliva which neutralises the high acid levels in the mouth caused by food and drink and helps to protect tooth enamel.
- If your teeth are discoloured, chipped or broken, ask your dentist about porcelain veneers. Veneers are thin porcelain layer permanently bonded to your teeth. They are natural looking and can be used to correct a number of dental imperfections. It’s never too late to create the perfect smile.