A denture replaces missing teeth and surrounding tissues. An alternative to dentures that is the best and most long term solution for missing teeth is the placement of dental implants. Dental implants provide a longer term solution, which more closely resemble the feel and effect of real teeth. Many of Sydney dentist Dr Michael Finkelstein’s patients now choose dental implants as an alternative to dentures.
Dr Michael Finkelstein can let you know if you are a candidate for dental implants, if your bone is sufficient in quality and strength, or if bone grafting can supplement your bone and allow you to have dental implants. Dental implants replace the tooth’s attaching roots, supporting artificial replacement teeth designed to completely mimic and match the look and feel of your real teeth. Dental Implants are used as substitutes for missing teeth restoring your bite, ability to eat comfortably and your confidence in your appearance. They can last a lifetime with good care.
Why Are Dental Implants Helpful?
The loss of just one tooth can impair both the function of your bite and your confidence in your appearance. The alignment of adjoining teeth can be effected by the gap left by a missing tooth, shifting position or becoming more exposed to chips and cracking.
The implant process involves attaching a custom-made, artificial tooth to a hospital grade titanium anchor post surgically implanted in the jawbone. This post joins into the bone, providing a firm support on which natural-looking, custom-made replacement teeth can be placed.
Sydney dentist Dr Michael Finkelstein uses dental implants for patients to:
- Replace a missing tooth or missing teeth
- Support dental bridges
- Secure dentures (either removable or full and fixed)
Dental implants have other benefits as well:
- Dental implants do not decay
- Dental implants prevent the side effects of tooth loss – namely, receding gum, bone loss, and speech difficulties
- Dental implants allow you to chew properly again with a full strength bite
- Dental implants are comfortable
- Dental implants can make dentures secure and reliable
- Because dental implants prevent bone loss, they preserve the appearance of your face
As an alternative to dentures, Sydney dentist Dr Finkelstein offers dental implants.
Contact us for a Dentures or Dental Implants appointment to be reviewed and advised on your options for treatment.